Sunday, July 18, 2010

Creating a Creative Space...

As an artist, its important to find a space to work in.  A closet, an extra room, a studio...well for me.... I never had one.  I just worked where ever I could find space.  Kitchen table, Living room, Dining room, in my bed, on the porch. Where ever you really are not suppose to create from...I created from.  Was it comfortable? No.  Did I make huge messes in the end? Yes.  So, doing some research on how important it is to make a creative space for myself.  I decided I would give it a try this week.  I bought a drafting table for $3.00 at a garage sale so I could I finally get rid of my dilapidating wooden desk that is literally on its last leg.  There's this great corner in my room that I plan on surrounding myself with inspirational photos, paintings etc. so I can seriously paint & illustrate.

Easier said than done, though.

I secretly think I am borderline hoarder...its weird because I tend to organize my "junk".  I have notebooks for days, sewing patterns,  that I bought about 5 years ago and old pictures in my dilapidating desk.  Some things I want to keep....other's I need to seriously get rid of.  So here's to creating my space.  My goal is to have done next weekend....let's get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...